Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back from the discard pile.

Alright for my second post I thought it would neat if I did an interview with an old Chaotic player that recently came back. He already made the announcement on the forums. But for those who didn't see it I am going to tell you who it is. Its none other then the real life Mandiblor. MandibleMuge.


Q. So Mandible when did you join Chaotic and why?

A. I'm actually newer than most people think... I joined just after RotO came out, because I've always loved TCGs and the chaotic cartoon caught my attention. I was hooked when I saw the Danian creatures.

Q. What made you choose the name Mandible Muge?

A. Ha, I spent about an hour in front of the register screen trying to come up with a good username... I liked "Mandible" because it was like ants, and I usually play a mage in online games.. I figured a muge was like a mugic-mage, and mandibles on a muge are awesome!

Q. Aside from liking Danians, what is your second favorite tribe?

A. Probably the Mipedians. I'm a sucker for the big bad warbeasts, and invisibility is so cool.

Q.  If you could be one Creature for the rest of your life who would it be?

A. No contest - Galin. He's been my favorite right from the start. I got him in my very first pack of chaotic cards and the little orange Danian has been my favorite card ever since. Plus, he's orange and green

Q. What are your hobbies besides Chaotic?

A. Umm.. Waiting for Chaotic to load! Just kidding, I do other stuff. I go hiking and camping a lot, and I love to write or Role Play online. Of course, X-box is fun too.. Reading books and comics is another big one.

Q. What do you think it takes for a deck to be succesfull?

A. If the deck builder has taken a hit to the head and they aren't using danians, then there are other ways to win. I think one of the most important things is for the deck to be your own. Anyone can copy the same Maxxor OW deck and win matches, but I've beaten those unoriginal high end decks with simple danian builds. Take a deck, adapt it, add new cards when you get them and stick to your own style. Besides, it's more fun that way.

Q.  How has the drome season been for you lately?

A. Well, I only just got back to chaotic, but I usually keep an okay record. Once I got up to 2nd place in the 3v3M drome with a Mipedian/Danian deck, but mostly I stick to Crellan. I'm hoping to get back into it this season though.

Q. With the unknown release date of Fire and Stone. What do you think the new set will do you the buisness?

A. Everyone's pretty much at a standstill now. No one is buying new cards and it's the same decks every day in the dromes. Fire and Stone, after months of no release, will probably make the metagame blow up. Everyone will suddenly have new strategies, and be pushing and shoving to get the new cards. I personally can't wait, and I think it'll make the game and the industry a lot more exciting.

Well that is about it. If you want to know more about MandibleMuge and other things he does check out his blog Danian Hall.

6 comments:

  1. Good post,also he has a good point too,all those meta armies are gonna die when FAS comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they will die. They will still be used. Just not a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never actually knew MandibleMuge, seems like he's a really experienced player in Danians. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandible is awesome. Though you didn't add the stuff that I was saying while Dosu typed up his answers xD

    Guess who...? KREW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog. me lk blogger.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Everyone read my fanfic “Dark Adventures”!
    Proud past member of Team Omnisis and current member of The Dark Knights of Perim.
    The Dragon Knight of The Dark Knights of Perim. Join it in the Teams section!

    ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼
    ┼┼╔╗┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼╔╗┼
    ┼┼║╠╦╦╦═╦═╦═╣║┼
    ┼╔╝║║║║═╣╬║╬║║┼
    ┼╚═╩══╩═╩═╩═╩╝┼
    ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey jwc nice to see u on the blog hope you stick AROUND and dont forget to follow the blog!

    ReplyDelete